Friday, August 31, 2012

Late Summer Kitchen

I suppose only one word describes this time of the year...'canning', or if you'd rather...'freezing'. For me, it's mostly canning... since the freezers are pretty full of pork, chicken and Icelandic cod when I can find a deal.
 The paste tomatoes are just getting into high gear, and deep inside I'm wishing for rain... or at least a cool spell, to justify spending a day in the kitchen hovering over a pot of simmering water. Until that day comes, it's tomato sandwiches with homemade mayo for breakfast... and lunch... but seriously, who's complaining?? Once I start canning tomatoes, I'm going to have to bring the pickles and peaches down to the root cellar... and right now, I've got another dinner to make! Here's hoping that everybodys problems are as life altering as mine...



No comments:

Post a Comment